Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spinach and Egg Salad

My friend Ana often makes this delicious salad when I'm over at her place for lunch. It's such a simple salad with spinach, hardboiled egg, and this yummy dressing (which I've adapted slightly over the years I've been making it):

1 minced garlic clove
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I use the unfiltered kind)
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp each of salt and dry mustard
pepper to taste

Honestly I don't really follow the proportions, I just make sure I have all of those ingredients in there and sometimes I'll add more vinegar or garlic or mustard as the spirit leads. The more mustard powder you add, the more of a kick it has. I also squeeze some fresh lemon in it when I have some around.

Tonight I made the salad for dinner, so I thought I'd kick it up a bit: I added chicken, onions, and feta. It was awesome. Thumbs up from Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I serve up plenty of fresh snark here to go around. If I don't like the tone of your comment I'll delete it. There's only one cook in this kitchen.