Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The PHD: An Experiment

I've decided to try out the Perfect Health Diet and see what happens. I pinned the cover of this book a while ago when Jennifer Fulwiler mentioned it the first time (see number 6).

She mentioned it again in the context of clothes that were falling off of her and loads more energy (numbers 4 and 5)--and those are issues that I'd like to have. And recently she posted about it again, and I have a lot of respect for her and identify with pretty much everything she says about the eating issues she has. So I bought the book on Kindle and devoured it.

I'm not going to pretend like I understand the whole thing. A friend recently questioned me more closely on the science, and I was like look, I have about half a brain to devote to anything at this point in my life. And it wasn't the world's sharpest brain to begin with. But the information and sources are all there. The authors are extremely intelligent, and the book was not written to be a weight loss book. It's simply the research they did to try to improve their own health and what they concluded based on their studies.

So I'm going to start posting what I'm eating (and sometimes what the kids are eating), and I'll include my results if/when there are any.


This is their "food pyramid"...that is not a pyramid. Obvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I serve up plenty of fresh snark here to go around. If I don't like the tone of your comment I'll delete it. There's only one cook in this kitchen.