Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Blogging for Apples

Last week was a significant “first” in my journey of motherhood: Agustin had to bring a snack to share. (They grow up so fast, right?)

I had just seen this Cheesy Apple Rings idea on Frugal Granola and wondered if could make it a bit more portable and bite sized. I did a test run and the answer was no.


You may notice, however, that few pieces are missing. Though I’m avoiding fruit during my sugar detox, I had to try one for research purposes. And it was so delicious, I had some more. And then I quickly took the picture because I wanted finish them. You should probably go make some now. I’ll wait.

So I went with Plan B which was baking some apple slices with some cinnamon on top (and I sent the cheese separately).



The issue with the cheesy apples is that they really need to be eaten right away. And I’m not just saying that because I have no self control. It’s the melted cheese that causes the issue, which is what I was afraid of and why I did the test run.

The cinnamon apples, on the other hand, are delicious warm or cold. And I needed them to be good cold because our activity was in the morning and I wanted to make these ahead since I’m useless in the mornings.

We got back some leftovers, and they were still yummy (again, I had to test for research purposes). When I reincorporate fruit, I think I’ll try these with crème fraiche for dessert. They could be good with yogurt too.

As simple as they are, I'm convinced these are "guest worthy." The fact that they make your kitchen smell like heaven in the fall is an added bonus.

Baked Cinnamon Apples
You will need:
Butter
Apple slices
Cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a cookie sheet with butter, line up your apple slices, sprinkle cinnamon over them, and pop them in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I serve up plenty of fresh snark here to go around. If I don't like the tone of your comment I'll delete it. There's only one cook in this kitchen.